Gain commissioning experience in the Strategic Commissioning team, learning new skills and working across Adults, Children’s and Integration Services.
The Commissioning Support Officer role is key to supporting the team to design, develop, implement and maintain a range of key processes.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Have we got the right processes in place to inform effective decision making? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Becasue we're Bracknell Forest...
What it’s like working in our team…
Strategic Commissioning is a brilliant team to work in. You can enjoy meaningful work, with friendly colleagues, who all share the same values and are working towards the same goal. We’re a team that knows where we’re going, and we have a clear plan on how to get there. We are focused and forward thinking, ensuring we always innovate, plan ahead and deliver exactly what is needed.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
Establish and operate specific processes that enable prioritisation, tracking and reporting of all project and time limited activities
- Work with the Head of Strategic Commissioning in ensuring that key governance groups and forums for effective strategic commissioning are in place, operating effectively, and receive the information and minutes needed to inform decision making
- Assist with the completion of reports, presentations and analysis as required by the Head of Strategic Commissioning and Strategic Commissioning Managers
- Lead the due diligence process for Adults, Children’s and Integration providers to ensure that all providers working with Bracknell Forest children, young people and adults have been properly checked in accordance with the BFC due diligence process
The benefits you will experience are…
- Opportunities to work across adults, children’s and integration services
- Working with a range of different stakeholders including senior staff and key decision makers
- Varied role, no one day is the same! Sometimes you will be providing data analysis for an important project, another day you could be working in partnership with our local providers to improve a service.
- Working in a supportive and flexible team with enthusiastic and motivated colleagues
- Ability to make a difference to the lives of BFC vulnerable adults and children and young people
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a candidate who will work collaboratively with colleagues, to understand requirements and to put these into practice through the development and implementation of systems. You will be a skilled communicator, who is highly organised with the ability to work to your own initiative.
The Commissioning team operates in a fast-paced work environment, so we need a candidate who can adapt quickly and maximise the opportunities to get involved with new projects and challenges.
Interview date: 10 January 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Sarah van Heerde
Job Title: Senior Commissioner for Integration
Phone Number: 01344 351329
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified