Do you have a passion for promoting healthy lifestyles through sporting activities? Do you have great organisational skills and have experience of implementing successful community or wellbeing projects? Then this rewarding job is definitely for you!
Our wonderful Leisure Team is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join them. You will have the responsibility of delivering our ‘R&Be Active’ programme and other sport and leisure activities such as the Surrey Youth Games. You will be organising teams for the Games working in partnership with national governing bodies, sports clubs and schools to encourage participation in the games. You will also be required to recruit coaches, book venues, vet volunteers, monitor sessions, manage online entries and arrange the production, printing and distribution of promotional materials to relevant locations.
In this rewarding role you will also assist with the annual Festival of Sport, the Sports Awards and support sports clubs to help increase membership growth and retention. You will work with National Governing Bodies and Active Surrey to develop Sport England and other initiatives (bidding for funding as necessary), attend regular departmental, local authority and partnership meetings and support the training and development of the Leisure apprentice.
You will also be responsible for developing the leisure calendar ensuring a wide range of activities are offered, evaluate/monitor projects and work within set budgets to deliver the events and services associated with the role.
About the Person:
- You will have strong experience of working in local government/voluntary or health sector - preferred
- You will have good experience of working with young people
- You will have excellent customer care skills (able to deal effectively, show tact and empathise with customers and respond to their needs)
- You will be IT literate with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages
- You should have previous experience of working in a leisure, community, sport, or school-based environment
- You will have the ability to supervise people, including groups of volunteers
- Ideally you will have sports coaching experience
- You must have a full driving licence to drive in the UK with access to a vehicle
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Educated to A Level – Essential
- Sports related degree – Preferred
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background (enhanced) disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 05 December 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 13 December 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.