Electoral Services Manager
Grade MM1 Up to £49,818
Permanent, Full time (36 hours) Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed manager to take a lead in data control and analysis, project management and operational delivery of electoral services. The ideal candidate would have experience within Electoral Administration, but not essential. You will have gained or be willing to work towards the AEA Certificate of Electoral Administration. You must be able to work flexibly, as during election periods you will be expected to work additional hours including evenings and weekends.
You will be a confident proactive individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail. You must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to engage, coach and motivate teams and set clear targets and expectations.
- Evidence of high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Experience of successfully managing performance and providing clear constructive feedback.
- Experience of successfully implementing plans and projects to time and budget.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage budgets and resources.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the political structure and role of elected members.
- Ability to work collaboratively both with own service and across other services.
- As a regular and intrinsic part of this role requires you to speak to members of the public in English, the ability to converse at ease, politely and courteously with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential and consistent with the requirements of this role.
- Experience of data analysis and project evaluation.
- Experience of developing and delivering training packages.
- Leadership qualification or equivalent or willing to work towards.
In addition to the salary above there are likely to be additional fee payments at election time.
It is an incredibly exciting time to be joining Electoral Services. We are a large borough with approximately 221,000 registered electors. We are working towards implementing the new Boundary Changes, with the Enfield Council elections in May 2022 and the ever-present possibility of unscheduled elections. National modernisation of the annual household canvass provides an opportunity to maximise data sharing with other council departments and digital options.
If you want to be part of a team which is focussed on providing excellent Customer Service as well as maintaining Electoral Integrity, you couldn’t be in a better place and we welcome your application.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
This is a politically restricted post.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Thursday 2nd December 2021
Interview date: 9th and 10th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cheryl Ponnou on 0208 132 1023 or Cheryl.Ponnou@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Lee-Marie Grant (Head of Electoral Services) on 0208 132 0978 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.