Brighter Futures for Children
Children's Action Team (CAT) Early Help Team
37 hours per week – 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Some flexible working required depending on service needs
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading.
We are looking to recruit to a new multi-disciplinary team, who will use a trauma-informed, systemic approach with adolescents ages 10-17 years where the primary concern is their emotional and mental health and who are not attending school or are only attending part-time.
The family worker will work as part of this exciting new team aimed at supporting young people back into education. You will provide support to a caseload of families to achieve this outcome.
The role is busy and varied and includes:
- Working with the child, whole family and school to assess the reasons that may be behind the non-attendance of school, or may be maintaining this non-attendance.
- Working in a flexible manner paying attention to the individual case and function served by non-attendance.
- Delivering evidence-based interventions that support families in enabling the child to be resilient enough to return to school and attend regularly.
- Adopting a key worker/lead Professional approach in order to develop, coordinate and deliver outcome focussed plans. This will include:
- Organising, chairing and/or attending multi-agency Team Around the Child/family meetings in order to ensure a partnership approach to engaging and supporting families.
- Reviewing action plans and ensure these are timely and plans are SMART
- Emphasising the need for rapid return to school alongside good support and adaptations within the school environment
You should have previous experience working with children, young people and their families and ideally have knowledge of mental and emotional health issues.
Internal candidates may apply, but must seek agreement before applying from their Line Manager for the secondment.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Corina Crowley on 07789996272
If you are interested in this role, please complete the application form by clicking on ‘apply online’ button below.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13th December 2021
Interview Date – 6th or 7th January 2022