It’s more than a job at Vivo. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is a Council owned company and we’ll soon be transferring back to the Council as a service delivered in house. Our services will remain exactly the same at locations across Cheshire West including Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich. We provide high quality, person centred care to adults with learning disabilities, autism, dementia and the elderly. But for us it’s more than that.
We change and enhance lives every day through the work we in our day and respite services and in peoples own homes. We do this by maximising their social, emotional, and physical independence to the absolute maximum while promoting independence, choice and control.
Our values are important to all of us, we live and breathe them, they are who we are and how we work together in environments where you and our service users can be inspired to reach your and their potential. If you share our values and commitment, then you’re our kind of person.
Where our vacancy is
We have a vacancy in our Supported Living service. In this team we support groups of three or four of people with learning disabilities living in their own shared home within the community.
Each home is different and reflects the needs and personalities of its residents. They are all equipped with everything the team of support workers need to enhance their lives.
Some of the people we support have complex needs and need support with eating, personal care (bathing, toileting and continence) and can display challenging behaviours. Working in this environment you will develop great relationships and life skills as well as developing professionally.
A dedicated group of night staff are on duty overnight with colleagues supporting throughout the day working shifts including early, late and some split shifts. You will enjoy working alongside the people we support promoting their independence fully accessing the community and supporting them at clubs, groups and socialising.
The job is about supporting the organisation and delivery of each individual’s support by:
- Undertaking a full assessment of people’s needs in conjunction with carers/families and key partners, including the identification and management of risk, to determine the level and nature of support required.
- Developing person centred plans and support which take into account the individual’s dreams and aspirations, promote and maximise independence, facilitate choice and control, deliver positive outcomes and support the achievement of personal goals.
- Identifying opportunities for people to engage with and access social, leisure, employment, educational or vocational activities within the local community.
- Developing risk management plans for individuals and review them in line with changing needs.
- Planning, implementing and co-ordinating the delivery of services for each individual through the effective allocation of work and resources in order to ensure that needs, goals and outcomes are achieved and people are as independent as possible.
- Ensuring that support staff undertake and document a monthly review of support plans that involves the service user and their carer (if applicable) to take account of changing needs, wishes and experiences, or as the needs of the individual change.
- Co-ordinating a six monthly review of each support plan and risk management plan to include the person, families/carers and any relevant professionals, or as the needs of the individual change.
- Providing supervision and mentorship to the team, monitor standards of practice and performance in accordance with service policies and procedures and provide guidance and advice to the team in order to deliver a high quality, responsive and flexible service to people.
- Ensuring that operating rotas meet the needs of the individuals using the service and that staff are allocated training days to meet training expectations.
- Conducting health and safety audits and where risks or concerns are identified, escalating these and undertaking risk assessments as directed.
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders relevant to the service, developing positive working relationships with all and encouraging feedback through formal and informal methods.
- Monitoring and reviewing practice and compliance against Care Quality Commission standards, Local Authority contractual standards and company policy and procedures to ensure the company delivers high quality, safe, professional services that meet statutory and contractual requirements.
- Supporting the development and delivery of quality improvement plans, change initiatives and projects by delivering agreed actions as delegated.
- Taking responsibility and accountability for service users’ personal money held by the company in line with Vivo’s financial policy and procedures, by ensuring correct documentation is completed for all transactions.
- Validating day to day expenditure and ensuring compliance with financial regulations and protocols to ensure sound financial management across the business.
We are looking for someone who
- Has significant experience in the direct delivery of care, team supervision, and engagement with service users, carers/families and stakeholders in an adult social care or health care setting.
- Shows awareness and understanding of social care needs and conditions in relation to vulnerable adults.
- Understands the statutory and regulatory framework in relation to adult social care.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and application of policies, procedures and practices in relation to the delivery of adult social care.
- Has knowledge of financial policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness of moving and handling practices and techniques.
- Is able prioritise and forward plan to achieve service goals and outcomes.
- Holds a minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Is competent in the use of Microsoft Office IT packages and electronic record management systems
And in return
The benefits of working for Vivo go well beyond making a difference to people’s lives, as well as working within a supportive environment with people who share your values you will have access to a huge range of benefits including discounts on:
- High street and supermarket shopping
- Gym membership
- Days out
- Childcare vouchers
- Car lease and cycle to work schemes
We also offer:
- Very competitive pay
- A generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days pro rata (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service to 30 days
- An excellent pension scheme
- A full induction programme and ongoing training and support from your very first day
- QCF level 2 Social Care qualification
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career
- Free DBS checks
- Lifestyle Support - our employee assistance programme, which offers free 24/7 confidential assistance, practical information and emotional support
The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate against disabled people and places a duty to make reasonable adjustments to enable the employee to undertake the work. People with disabilities are defined as individuals who have a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long term effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities. If you consider yourself to be disabled under this definition, please indicate this on your application. Vivo Care Choices is a Disability Confident employer and will interview all applicants who disclose they have a disability if they meet the essential criteria for the job. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please contact recruitment.
Vivo Care Choices Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Employer and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected status. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.