Ashley is a successful secondary school for pupils with social communication difficulties and the autistic spectrum condition age 11 - 19. The school has been accredited with The NAS (National Autistic Society) Advanced Accreditation Award. The school offers excellent accommodation and specialist teaching areas. We are committed to high standards of achievement, both personal and academic. The school has recently been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted (Nov 2019) with inspectors saying that Ashley High is an exceptional school.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Ashley High School is a day special school for students aged 11-16 years (70 places). It also has a 6th Form for students aged 16-19 years (42 places). The school is for students with a diagnosis of Autism/ Social Communication Needs. All the students have an EHC plan.
Ashley High also has an offsite school, based in Runcorn, which can accommodate 7 students.
We have held the National Autistic Society accreditation since 2013 and successfully achieved Advanced Status in May 2019.
The school was judged to be outstanding – November 2019.
‘By the time that pupils are ready to leave they have the skills, knowledge and confidence to take their next steps in life, education or work’
Our new Head Teacher will be:
- Passionate about enhancing children’s life chanes.
- An inspirational leader who can motivate and support students, staff, governors and parents.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher with:
- Strong leadership and management skills which inspire, motivate and generate confidence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clear vision for school improvement and the ability to make that vision a reality.
- An excellent practitioner and leader in the education of students with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC), preferably with NAS training.
We can offer you:
- A happy, supportive and caring environment.
- Happy, well behaved students who enjoy coming to school.
- Dedicated staff who are forward looking, enthusiastic and committed.
- Governors who are supportive and strongly committed.
Required for 1st September 2022.
Interviews will be held on 26th April 2022.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school. Please contact the school to make an appointment. Visits will be planned for 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th or 25th March 2022.