St Basil’s Catholic Primary School has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and experienced Classroom Assistant on a temporary basis to work 10 hours per week. The Governors wish to appoint a highly effective Classroom Assistant to support children across the school. The successful candidate should be able to work within a team of teachers and other learning assistants, be flexible and willing to learn new skills to help support the pupils in their care.
Duties will include the following:
- Supporting pupils within classes
- Supporting individual children or small groups of pupils with literacy and numeracy interventions
- Supporting teaching staff in terms of administration and display work, including record keeping
- Supervision of pupils and promotion of good behaviour
- Establishing positive relationships with parents/carers
- Must be willing to undertake intimate care
Previous experience of working in a school would be a distinct advantage.
St Basil’s and the Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications.
Please note that St Basil’s is also recruiting for a Midday Assistant and a Link Club Supervisor post.
To apply, please complete the Catholic Education Service Application Form and return to the school for the attention of Mrs Bolton firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Closing date for Applications: Monday 6th December 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date TBC