This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Hugh Cubitt) and part home based.
We are looking for Community Consultants to help us to understand the challenges Peabody residents are facing and respond with solutions. You could be carrying out research, getting the word out on Peabody programmes, contributing to how we design our work or supporting our residents to achieve. There may also be some general admin responsibilities including filing.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who want to support our digital work, develop solutions with our resident engagement team or get involved in social inclusion around employment.
If you like working with people, can get things done and have the commitment to make a difference then please apply today.
1. Passionate about addressing social inequality, you are inquisitive, actively learning about the world and why things are the way they are. You look forward to learning from others and trying out new approaches.
2. Ambitious for your projects, team and self; you know how to get work done but aren't scared to ask for help and guidance when you need it.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, you are able to build relationships with people across a range of roles and perspectives. You are a team player.
4. Strong written communication skills, you can effectively share your message and your thinking behind it in writing.
5. Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
6. Good time management and prioritisation skills - you meet deadlines and communicate when there might be difficulties.
7. Commitment to providing a positive experience to others, you value diversity.
8. Accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Experience of using, or commitment to using, design thinking to create solutions or experience of conducting research.
10. Training in, or commitment to train in, design thinking or community research
This is a bank contract role
The hours and days are flexible depending the project.
If you experience any technical issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job number and title.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.