Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are seeking to recruit a Team Leader to join our Quality Assurance Team within Provider & Commissioned Care.
The Team Leader role will manage and support a small team of officers whose role it is to work alongside external care & support provision to ensure that all residents can receive excellent support that meets their individual needs. Across care homes, domiciliary care and supported living.
Partnership working with internal and external partners to ensure effective implementation of the Council's Care Governance Framework and effective quality assurance, review and monitoring of care service provision in the borough.
To chair and lead various boards and highlight risk and practice issues within the above care settings. The post holder will be instrumental in developing and educating where there are providers that may need improvement.
Working alongside Care Quality Commission & Ofsted Regulations and developing in house collation of information and data to inform Business Development and Supplier Relationship Colleagues.
The post holder will be expected to write comprehensive monitoring reports, attend safeguarding meetings as required and participate in the wider duties of the Quality Assurance Team.
We are seeking to recruit someone who has significant previous experience in Social Care, Commissioning and Management
We are looking for candidates who are outcome focused and who can enhance the quality of life and well being for local residents, and ensure a culture of 'putting our residents first' is maintained. Ability to work across council departments and with wider partners is essential.
This exciting opportunity will require someone who is able to steer the team through a period of change and develop the service.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.