The Parking Services Team/Civil Enforcement team are looking to recruit a Civil Enforcement Officer to cover enforcement of parking restrictions and Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) offences across the whole of North Somerset district.
As a CEO you will be expected to patrol Council car parks and on street areas covered by parking enforcement and offer a consistent and fair approach to enforcement and management of North Somerset parking. You will also be required to enforce PSPO Offences, such as littering, dog fouling and smoking in a Children’s play area. You will operate as an individual and with other team members and act as a Council ambassador, offering help and guidance to the public over a range of topics. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills and be professional at all times particularly when dealing with potential confrontational situations. Working hours will be on a fixed rota basis, 4 days on 2 days off, to include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Full uniform and training provided.
The post-holder must have a valid driving licence or be able to use suitable alternative methods of travel throughout the district.
Duties will include:
- Checking vehicles in car parks and on-street enforcement areas to ensure they comply with the parking order and legislation
- Issuing parking enforcement notices and collecting evidence
- Collecting evidence of PSPO offences
- Maintenance and checking of pay and display machines
- Health and Safety checks to car parks
- Displaying signage and equipment as required
- Litter picking and cleaning as required
- Ensure visitors to North Somerset receive excellent standards of customer care and professionalism
- Assisting with local events as required
- Checking of Blue Badges
We offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave (minimum 24 days per year pro-rata)
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
For further details of employee benefits please visit: https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs/working-us/employee-benefits
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to a standard Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Darren, Civil Enforcement Supervisor on 01934 426599.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.