- Employer: Newham Partnership Working
- Reference: Gov/21/176496
- Published: Thu 16/12/2021, 10:21 AM
- Closing on: Sat 30/09/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Guaranteed fixed rate per meeting up to £220 per meeting
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Newham Partnership Working, Boardman House, 64 Broadway, Stratford, E15 1NT, Newham
NPW is the ethical partner of choice that keeps the child at the centre of everything we do. We care about our clients and work hard to help them achieve their aspirations. We engage with our clients to help develop our products and services to ensure that what we offer is created for schools by schools.
NPW is a not-for-profit mutual organisation, owned by our school members. We provide a range of operational, transformational and innovative services to schools and colleges so that they can focus on improving the lives of children and young people. Our services are agile, allowing us to offer bespoke packages that meet an individual client’s needs.
Please see here our company brochure:
New exciting opportunities have arisen for enthusiastic and committed people to work within our team of sessional clerks.
The post holder will be directly responsible for the provision of services to a specified number of multi-academy trusts, school governing boards, and other commercial contracts, ensuring that our high standards are met in a professional and effective manner.
The post holder will:
- attend governing and trust board meetings, (physical and virtual as required)
- provide advice to the governing board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters (governing boards are required to have regard to advice from the clerk in regard to exercising their functions)
- provide effective minute-taking to the governing board and its committees and produce minutes in line with the guidance and templates issued by NPW Governor Services
- ensure the governing board is properly constituted
- Manage information provided by NPW Governor Services and other training providers effectively and ensure that it is used to provide the governing board with the appropriate advice and guidance
You will have:
- good working knowledge of schools and academy governance and statutory compliance arrangements,
- good understanding of the role of the clerk and how to make interventions at meetings
- good understanding of what constitutes an effective governing board or governance group meeting
- ability to produce high quality minutes that accurately reflect decisions, actions and challenge
- good written and oral communication skills
- good IT skills
- good interpersonal skills
- the ability to prioritise and manage a busy and varied workload.
You must also understand the importance of working with a good eye for detail, have an organised methodical approach and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants interested in finding out more about this role are welcome to contact Mr Peter Hooper on 0788-5972189.
If you would like to work in partnership with schools/academy trusts and help to make a positive difference then we look forward to receiving your application.
Application for the post is by application form only. No CVs. No agencies need apply please.
Due to continuing expansion, we are constantly looking to increase our team of clerks. This is therefore a rolling recruitment process. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for tests and interview on receipt of application.
We are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with Newham Partnership Working and the London Borough of Newham. All employees are expected to understand and promote equality and diversity in the course of their work.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.