“I called you by your name, you are mine.” Isaiah 43
We have a vacancy for a qualified and experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a child. This will also include supporting them in their lunchtime play.
You should have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and have a clear understanding of the support needed for children with speech, language and communication and sensory needs.
You will also be required to have an experience of providing in class support to pupils and additionally to be able to support in the delivery of specific speech and language and occupational therapy programmes.
- Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have NVQ2 or equivalent as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL).
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how children learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
We can offer:
An opportunity to join a welcoming and friendly school team
A highly supportive leadership team
A committed and dedicated governing body
Wonderful children and supportive parents
The strong Catholic ethos of the school is evident and prospective candidates would be expected to support and promote this
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and a check against the Barred list for children. Satisfactory references will be required prior to any offer of employment.