Do you have the passion and skills to develop enterprise wide technology services developing a strategic vision for how architecture can deliver DfT’s Digital ambitions?
Are you excited by emerging technologies?
Can you see yourself in diverse team with multiple viewpoints, backgrounds and professional skills and enjoy developing solutions that work for everyone?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
At the heart of digital evolution in DfT, you will join a talented, experienced, cross-discipline architecture team imagining and shaping the delivery of next generation digital and technology services. You will lead on developing service architecture for an organisation which has data at its core delivering innovative transport policy agenda. As DfT becomes a cloud-only enterprise, you will develop the latest technology solutions to complex digital, identity and data needs.
In a matrix structure between the Architecture and Project Delivery, you will be embedded and co-lead on digital solutions for key DfTc digital product services. You will be adept at translating abstract business need into new solutions while creating scalable and repeatable patterns. You will work within an agile team working alongside business analysts, engineers, user researchers and change managers to deliver full stack solutions that work with emerging technologies.
You will be an ambassador for the best in flexible architecture in Digital Services and across DfTc supporting the business in develop their digital ambitions. You can assess complex technical issues and inform and influence senior stakeholders in a non-technical manner. You will have a pro-active approach to problem solving and be creative in delivering solutions that both fix problems and move DfT towards a better managed, cost-effective digital future.
Include, but not limited to:
- Be responsible for the full stack architecture of key DfT digital service solutions and developing a service orientated architecture to support common capabilities
- Support the production and implementation of the DfTc ’s digital and technology strategy
- Lead, develop and apply DfTc’s digital and development principles, patterns and standards to support development within DfTc including in-house development and external suppliers
- Work with the organisation and Digital Service to provide advice, guidance, assurance on multiple projects that require broad architectural thinking to meet their delivery targets
- Support project teams through architecture governance and GDS governance ensuring architecture alignment of technical designs to DfTc’s architecture principles and standards
- Influence technology decisions throughout the development lifecycle through demonstrating technology value, risk and opportunity
- Develop solutions aligned to business need, business capability, and the DfTc digital and technology strategy. Support future state technology visions for products and services and develop transitional architecture plans to deliver them
You will come from a strong architecture background, with the drive to be an ambassador for architecture in Digital Services and across DfTc supporting the business in developing their digital ambitions. You can assess complex technical issues and inform and influence senior stakeholders in a non-technical manner. You will have a pro-active approach to problem solving and be creative in delivering solutions that both fix problems and move DfT towards a better managed, cost-effective digital future.