Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Our Software Team are an integral contributor in the service delivery we provide to our residents.
About the role
This is a key role in the development, testing, supporting, documentation and maintenance of new or amended digital software systems or functions within agreed development and security standards and processes.
The senior digital software engineer will :
- follow standards, processes and translating requirements into workable digital software solutions for use on the council website, and in the council's cloud tenancy.
- be required to develop and maintain API integrations from web services provided by third parties.
- Use GOSS web tools (eg. Create web forms, end points), or similar, to integrate web functionality with backoffice systems or other third party systems.
- In conjunction with the Solution Design Team deliver best practice solutions and designs,
- Mentoring and Training colleagues and ensuring best practices are met.
- Provide support and maintenance, and quality technical documentation to developed solutions.
The following demonstrable experience and skills are essential, so please ensure that this is highlighted clearly within your application:
Experience developing web solutions using GOSS web tools or similar, including web forms, Case Management and using End Points.
The following demonstrable experience and skills are highly desirable:
- Experience developing Microsoft Forms, Power Automate and Power Apps
- Experience with PHP
- Powershell or Curl scripting
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.