Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 04 February 2022
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
As Finance Manager, you will possess a sound knowledge of financial reporting, ESFA reporting and hands on experience of accounting principles. The ability to build strong working relationships with staff at all levels with confidence and enthusiasm is also key. This is an excellent opportunity for an exceptional Finance Manager. If you are passionate about using your skills in Finance to improve standards and make a difference to the lives of young people, Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated Finance Manager to provide outstanding support to all stakeholders within the Academy
- Experienced with accounting software particularly Access Education Finance (formally HCSS)
- Experienced in the education sector or at least experienced working in a fast paced working environment
- Confident in leading the department as well as developing 2 finance officers
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- Great travel links
- A very supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: email@example.com
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The Academy
reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertising closing date. The advert may be closed at
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.