Major Contracts and Commercial Lawyer x 1 (PO2 – MM1)
We are looking to recruit a lawyer specialising in procurement and contract law. The post is for a qualified Solicitor, Barrister, Chartered Legal Executive or equivalent, ideally with prior local government experience. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, excellent drafting skills and the ability to provide legal advice to a variety of audiences, including senior officers. The individual will be accustomed to working at pace in a busy team.
The successful candidate will have experience of legal work relating to major contracts and procurement, with the ability to advise confidently on subsidy control / state aid, construction contracts, funding agreements and other issues involved in larger projects. Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: construction contracts, local authority trading companies and contract disputes.
Appointment will be made at a grade which reflects the successful candidate’s experience.
If appointed at the MM1 Lawyer grade, the candidate will be expected to provide informal coaching and support to other members of the Legal Services team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional. Enfield Legal Services is professional, friendly and inclusive, with an excellent reputation and has huge transformation aspirations with exciting projects such as our flagship Meridian Water. We're employers that develop talent, encourage innovation and have a supportive and flexible working environment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing on: 31 January 2022 at 23.59pm
Interviews w/c: 7th February 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Iona MacKinnon on 0204 526 5336 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Clare Paine on 020 8132 1156 or Senol Mustafa on 0208132 3011 for an informal discussion.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.