The Governors seek to appoint an outstanding Finance Officer with a keen eye for details to provide effective and efficient management of school finances and ensure that financial procedures are followed. The Finance Officer will support budget holders and other staff to ensure value for money is achieved at all times, and to ensure the smooth operation of the finance function of the school so that financial deadlines and audit requirements are met. This is a key role in our school, working closely with the HR function, site team, central administration team, senior leaders and budget holders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within a finance environment.
- Highly accurate keyboard skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ICT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial management and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and financial management systems eg FMS.
- Be able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or above, or the equivalent.
- Possibly be studying towards AAT or equivalent finance qualification.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to working within the school’s aims with regard to safeguarding, equal opportunities and raising achievement.
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school and have a strong commitment to the formation of young people.
- Informal visits are welcomed, by prior appointment with the Headteacher.
La Sainte Union welcomes applications from all members of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability to ensure that the staff is representative of our school and its community.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the post.