About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team based at our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead.
This role is key to administer, maintain and support the Association`s network, hardware infrastructure including software and operating systems. Designing and implementing architecture changes across the Association. This role also requires the provision of a high quality, efficient, effective and secure information communications and technology service to the Association.
As the IT Infrastructure Engineer, youll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that users have the equipment and systems access required to complete their day-to-day tasks. Providing staff with advice, support and assistance for any IT issues.
- Installing, configuringand administering the IT infrastructure including servers, printers, PCs, laptops, networking equipment, and audio-visual equipment (TVs, projectors, etc).
- Writing and updating documentation, procedures and policies for existing IT systems, services or telecommunications equipment.
- Helping ensure all security, backup and disaster recovery arrangements for hardware, software and telecommunications are in place and operating correctly.
We are looking for someone who is:
Experienced working in an IT and multi-user environment
Able to demonstrate experience supporting and building Windows PCs and Laptops
Highly organised and can multitask effectively
Knowledge of telecommunications technology and administration
Able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service
Flexible in your approach to work
Committed to equality and diversity
Able to take a positive approach to supporting others
You must be fully vaccinated due to visiting schemes with vulnerable service users.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £37,110 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete an online application form below.
Please see below for a copy of the IT Infrastructure Engineer Job description.
Closing date: Tuesday 1st February 2022
Interview date: TBC
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are currently working on plans to safely re-open our offices in Hemel Hempstead. All candidates must be able to commute to our office in Hemel Hempstead on four days each week once the offices do re-open.