The Woodville are looking to build their casual team within their Foyer Café and Theatre Bar due to recent expansion of the department. We have a regular team of contracted staff but support this with casual staff when the venue is live for its varied programme of shows and events. The current Casual staff team at The Woodville are a variety of ages and from a variety of backgrounds.
The Woodville is a thriving entertainment venue presenting a diverse range of events, shows and cinema screenings as part of its rich annual programme. In 2018 the venue celebrated 50 years of entertaining Gravesham; we are proud to be a community and creative hub at the heart of the local area, serving the borough and beyond!
Spotlites café sits in the foyer of the theatre and welcomes visitors daily from Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. The café also opens in the evenings for Bistro service before selected performances, and our theatre bars operate 1 hour before shows and during intervals. The food and beverage department provide bar and catering services for internal events, and also provide pop-up bars for various local events and festivals. No two days are the same for the theatre - we are proud to have a passionate and hard-working team who are committed to delivering an exciting programme of events.
Centrally located in the Thames Gateway, Gravesham Borough Council provides a range of services to over 95,000 people and 3,000 businesses.The Borough of Gravesham, situated in the north west corner of Kent, covers 25,000 acres of the most varied countryside in south east England. Bordered by the River Thames to the north, it is at the heart of Thames Gateway and has a significant role to play in the regeneration of a major government growth area.Gravesham Borough Council is committed to delivering to the community and working with us means you are part of delivering the level of growth and improvement our community needs and deserves.
- Café and Bar service experience a necessity
- Up to date food hygiene certificates are desirable - these can also be obtained upon taking up the role
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally would have experience working in a theatre / hospitality / events setting
- Will be comfortable serving from both our Foyer Café and the Theatre Bars across the venue
- Should be able to work alone when required, should be comfortable with cash handling
- The venue often operates bars at Gravesham Borough Market
- Casual staff support events on weekdays, weekends and evenings at the venue
- Though most casual shifts will fall on evenings and weekends
- Must enjoy working in a theatre / cultural / events environment
- Must be comfortable interacting with a wide range of people
- Should be well-presented, punctual, confident and hard working
- We welcome applications from those living outside of the Borough although will give preference to applicants who live closer to the venue.
In return we offer you:
If you have experience in café and bar service and are interested to join the theatre’s food and beverage team, please get in touch by submitting your CV.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Aine Lyons Food and Beverage Senior on 01474 337156 or email email@example.com
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.