Higher Level Teaching Assistant EYFS/KS1
Salary: £25,481.00 pa SCP 19 to be pro rata
Hours: 32.5 8.30am until 3.30pm September 2022 start date
Contract type: term time, permanent (39 weeks)
Reporting to: EYFS KS1 Lead
The HLTA will:
- Work with class teachers to raise the attainment of pupils
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
At Oak View Primary Academy we are proud to deliver a rich creative learning experience that enables all the children to fulfil their potential.
Our vision puts children first. When children enjoy all aspects of school and are enthusiastic, independent learners they gain the most from their education.
We believe this climate for success is delivered through the creation of an equal partnership between children, parents and the school.
At Oak View Primary Academy we have lower than average class sizes and our focus is on the education and wellbeing of our children. We have a holistic approach to the curriculum and offer our students a range of exciting opportunities. Our curriculum is more than just learning, it is about opening the children’s eyes to the world of possibility around them.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching and learning
- Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies to support the work of the teacher and increase achievement of all pupils including, where appropriate, those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Promote, support and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
- Use effective behaviour management strategies consistently in line with the school’s policy and procedures
- Support class teachers with maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Organise and manage teaching spaces and resources to help maintain an engaging and safe learning environment
- Observe pupil performance and pass observations on to the class teacher
- Use ICT skills to advance pupils’ learning
- Undertake any other relevant duties given by the class teacher/key stage lead.
- To cover and lead class teaching (under supervision) as and when appropriate
- Direct the work, where relevant, of other adults in supporting learning
- Contribute to effective assessment and planning by supporting the monitoring, recording and reporting of pupil performance and progress as appropriate to the level of the role
- Use their area(s) of expertise to contribute to the planning and preparation of learning activities, and to plan their role in learning activities
- Use allocated time to devise clearly structured activities that interest and motivate learners and advance their learning
- Plan how they will support the inclusion of pupils in the learning activities and prepare the classroom for lessons
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and pupils, and with parents and carers under the direction of the class teacher
- Communicate their knowledge and understanding of pupils to other school staff and education, health and social care professionals, so that informed decision making can take place on intervention and provision
- With the class teacher, keep other professionals accurately informed of performance and progress or concerns they may have about the pupils they work with
- Understand their role in order to be able to work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other colleagues, including specialist advisory teachers
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
Whole-school organisation, strategy and development
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s policies, practices and procedures, so as to support the school’s values and vision
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
Health and safety
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils, and help to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education and our school’s safeguarding policy
- Look after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Help keep their own knowledge and understanding relevant and up-to-date by reflecting on their own practice, liaising with school leaders, and identifying relevant professional development to improve personal effectiveness
- Take opportunities to build the appropriate skills, qualifications, and/or experience needed for the role, with support from the school
- Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures.
Personal and professional conduct
- Uphold public trust in the education profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
- Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours to develop and sustain effective relationships with the school community
- Respect individual differences and cultural diversity
The HLTA will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the headteacher or line manager.
This is a fantastic time to join Oak View Academy. If you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit, please contact email@example.com
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
If you have the necessary skills and attributes to be a successful staff member in our school, we would like to hear from you. The closing date is noon on Thursday 16th June . The application form can be found on our website https://oak-view-academy.co.uk/about/job-opportunities/