Team: First Response Service
Job Family: Supporting – CBG10
Salary: £32,142 - £33,686 per annum pro rata + £7,000 MRS per annum pro rata
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Hours: Full-time - 37 hours per week
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role. Will will also be expected to travel to various location accross Central Bedfordshire
Closing Date: Rolling advert to 11th September 2022
Interview Date: Applications reviewed regularly and interviews arranged as required
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Social Worker to join our inspiring and dynamic team.
First Response provides a single front door to people who may have care and support needs. Working with families, local communities, and system wide partners, we aim to support people during crisis and/or enhance their health and wellbeing through targeted support.
First Response provides information, advice and guidance and where appropriate can also provide a short-term intervention, to support and empower individuals to reach their potential and achieve their desired outcomes. If someone presents with a long term or complex need, they will be supported through First Response to either the Adults Service or Older Adults Service.
We work closely with our Hospital Discharge Service colleagues to provide a cohesive front door to Central Bedfordshire Council Adult Social Care.
The successful candidate will be an experienced registered professional and have a robust 'Prevent, Reduce, Delay' ethos for people accessing our services supporting a least restrictive, person centred and strengths-based approach. You will also show commitment to working in a manner that evidences best practice and professional pride at all times.
If you are a motivated individual who is driven and enjoys working at pace, then we would like to hear from you.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Social Work England registration fees paid annually
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: Social Worker Level 2 Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Laura Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 5038
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.