Abbey School for Exceptional Children is a bespoke independent special school for children and young people with autism, whom may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Team Leader to supervise day shifts at our residential provision Abbey Green. The ideal candidate will be committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families. As a Team Leader you will be an integral part of the team, therefore, it is essential that you can work effective as a team player, whilst also leading the team day staff. The team leader will have a role in the maintenance and development of a safe and secure holistic caring environment where our young people can thrive and engage.
This role will involve fully supporting the needs of our young people and deliver the highest quality of care to those who reside in Abbey Green residential provision. This is a full time, permanent role, with a start date of 5th June 2022.
The post holder will:
- Work holistically as part of a team with education staff and families to plan, practice and collect evidence of progress within the 24- hour extended curriculum.
- Create a positive environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification.
- Competitive salary
- Suite of staff benefits including pension scheme
- Technology appropriate for your job
- Comprehensive staff training programme
- Access to WeCare which is a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and much more.
- Access to MediCash program for wellbeing benefits
- High Staffing ratios
- The opportunity to shape and improve the life chances of pupils with a disability, and in so doing, extend the prospect of an improved quality of life for family members and others
For further information please visit https://www.abbeyschool.com/residential-team-leader/