We are looking for a Registered Manager who will be fully supported by hands on and committed Service Managers, great access to training and a support network including Health and Education colleagues.
We understand the importance of getting it right for our young people and offering them the best we can be. By applying knowledge and research into practice and working innovatively to understand the impact of trauma we are committed to the highest quality of care. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and are wholly dedicated to never giving up on a child.
We work within the well-established ARC (Attachment Regulation and Competency) framework of trauma informed practice. ARC, pioneered by the Boston Trauma Centre, has been in place in Hertfordshire since 2009. Hertfordshire is fully committed to training which fosters skills and expertise around trauma informed practice and Non Violence Resistance to support children who have experienced developmental trauma.
Our services are rated as Good with Ofsted and this is the standard we continually commit to deliver.
This is a varied and challenging role where the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A success and drive in supporting adolescents with complex histories through the most challenging times.
- At least two years management experience in a social care setting, preferably within residential services
- A least two years’ experience of working in a residential children’s setting.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as Diploma Level 5 in management
- Be able to register with Ofsted as a Children’s Home Manager.
- Ability to lead in a flexible, innovative and inspiring manner.
- A therapeutic approach to care, understanding the impact of trauma.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and collaboratively work as part of a larger multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to support staff to formulate and implement comprehensive and meaningful plans and evaluate these on a regular basis.
- Ability to receive feedback from both young people and other professionals and implement change.
- Passion and determination for getting it right and keeping the child at the heart of decision making.
- Ability to solve problems, creating and maintaining a resilient and compassionate staff team.
- Ability to resolve conflicts, and use your sound understanding of relevant legislation to inspire positive outcomes