Parliament provides a diverse and exciting range of services with an ambitious portfolio of digital projects to support them. The core function of the Business Analyst community is to support delivery of this project portfolio.
You will use business analysis skills:-
- to understand business problems, improve processes and identify viable technical solutions to drive successful change.
- Ensuring throughout, that solutions meet the needs and standards for business areas across both Houses of Parliament.
- to bring innovation, creativity and problem solving to all aspects of their work.
- build strong relationships to develop a large network of connections across a diverse and inclusive organisation
What You Need
Have you got business analysis skills to investigate, articulate and improve business solutions. Along with :-
- The ability to apply an agile mindset to all aspects of your work to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral communication skills,
- Proven ability to manage and form effective working relationships with key customers and stakeholders to elicit information and inform decisions.
- Ability to capture and refine processes and data, applying creative thinking to redesign a process to be more efficient and effective, presenting proposals in a concise manner.
- all candidates must pass security clearance to join the team
About The Team
As a Business Analyst, you will join our community to provide cross functional business analysis services for a range of initiatives and projects. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals across the Parliamentary Digital.
You will contribute to the continued success of the Business Analyst community, with opportunities to promote and strengthen the Business Analyst profession throughout the Parliamentary Digital Service. We provide wellbeing support and encourage personal development to ensure the community offers a professional and inclusive service throughout parliament.
UK Parliament is steeped in history and tradition. It is also an important part of people's lives in the UK and has a duty to ensure as many people as possible can engage with its work. This is why it's undergoing a huge transformation powered by technology, and why the work of the Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS) is so important. We work with the House of Commons and the House of Lords on all their IT and digital needs where the provision of outstanding digital services is at the heart of it. Please visit www.parliament.uk/pds to find out more.
Please refer to our Candidate Information Pack for a full list of our benefits but here are some highlights:
- up to 35 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- generous maternity pay policy up to 6 months full pay
- great pension scheme options (contributory and non-contributory)
- on-site subsidised gym, nursery, catering, post office, travel office and GP
- an opportunity to bring family members onto the Parliamentary Estate
- an Employee Assistance Programme offering support for staff and families
- training, professional development, coaching and mentoring opportunities
- staff recognition scheme to recognise people going above and beyond
How To Apply
Before you make your application, please make sure you're clear on the full requirements of the role - these are listed in the Job Description and the Candidate Information Pack. To apply, you will need to upload your CV and provide a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet criteria 1,2 and 3 as listed in the Job Description. Our application process is anonymous, so please make sure there's no information on your CV including the filename that could identify you.
Closing date for applications:
For our people, we provide an amazing opportunity to bring their talents to an institution that sits right at the heart of society in the UK. The scale of our impact is a true differentiator when it comes to how we position ourselves as an employer - we are changing UK Parliament and strengthening democracy. What matters here is your potential for growth and your commitment to playing your part in our ongoing success.
We're passionate about providing an environment which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion for all regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion/belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any of the other things that make you, you. We're proud to be an accredited Disability Confident Leader and welcome applications from people who feel under-represented in the workforce including those who may feel disadvantaged because of their social or economic circumstances. #LI-Hybrid