Climate Emergency Project Officer
Salary £22,571 - £24,920
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, innovative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, who is passionate about sustainability and climate change. With colleagues you will help deliver the Councils Climate Emergency Action Plan, and associated projects. In this role you will help communicate and engage partners to inspire, build capacity and support action by and with all Wokingham’s communities. This will involve developing new initiatives, creating partnerships and grants applications to enable more communities to take action.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, monitoring, analysis, reporting and reviewing key issues, opportunities, risks, and performance for policy development and implementation of plans
- Communicating with partners, and engaging them to work in collaboration to deliver more sustainable outcomes
- Supporting project management activity
- Report writing,
- Monitoring strategy performance
- Supporting bid proposals
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge on climate change policy and practice
- Knowledge in carbon footprint accounting
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills and project management experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Eye for detail and data analyst skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suit
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team and would like an informal discussion please contact Rhian Hayes on 07769 956463
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 11pm, 27th May 2022