1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant KS2
Contract Type – SCP 4 £9.99 per hour
25 hours between (Core hours are 8.30am until 3.15pm Monday to Friday)
Contract Type – one term until 31st December with a possibility to extend this contract
At Oak View Primary Academy we are proud to deliver a rich creative learning experience that enables all the children to fulfil their potential.
Our vision puts children first. When children enjoy all aspects of school and are enthusiastic, independent learners they gain the most from their education.
We believe this climate for success is delivered through the creation of an equal partnership between children, parents and the school.
At Oak View Primary Academy we have lower than average class sizes and our focus is on the education and wellbeing of our children. We have a holistic approach to the curriculum and offer our students opportunities. Our curriculum is more than just learning, it is about opening the children’s eyes to the world of possibility around them.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil who requires emotional support (SEMH).
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of themselves and the children. They will have the ability to work within a motivated team who are relishing the challenge of supporting individuals to achieve their personal best. If you have excellent management skills, the experience to understand children with complex needs and the desire to take on a new challenge, you could be the person we need.
To join us and be successful, you will need to have:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- English and maths O level or equivalent
- Experience of delivering individual support.
- The ability to be responsible for the learning of an individual both in and out of the class and feed back to the teacher on the child’s progress.
- Effective communication skills both orally and in a written format. The ability to adapt learning activities to follow the child’s interests and needs on a daily basis.
- Ability to be flexible.
- The ability to engage children effectively.
- An ability to speak to parents appropriately.
- To have high expectations of the child and yourself.
- An ability to identify the next steps for the children’s learning.
- Effective use of positive behaviour and de-escalation strategies.
- A clear understanding of the importance of safeguarding and a commitment to ensuring that this is delivered to all children.
This is a fantastic time to join Oak View Academy as we strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for our pupils. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com We would encourage you to look at our website www.oak-view-academy.co.uk.
The closing date is noon on Thursday, 1st September 2022 at noon. The application form can be found on our website www.oak-view-academy.co.uk/about/job-opportunities
All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas police check (if applicable), health check and professional reference checks.