- Employer: Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: COMM/22/194641
- Published: Mon 09/05/2022, 15:01 PM
- Closing on: Fri 31/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Evenings, Weekends
- Hours: To work as and when required
- Salary: £10.06 per hour
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bootle, Merseyside
Casual Leisure Attendant - Bootle Leisure Centre
Casual Leisure Attendant post (lifeguard)
Bootle leisure centre - Casual working hours, as and when required. Varying shifts Monday – Sunday. .
Post Number – 07939
An opportunity has arisen within Sefton Council for a casual leisure attendant post based at Bootle Leisure Centre. You are required to hold a full - current lifeguarding certificate and will be expected to provide pool-side as well as dry-side area supervision. You will be required to work as part of a team, ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. This role requires constant supervision of the poolside; you will need to be fully focused with the ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive at all times. This position involves the setting up of equipment in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities and to undertake cleaning tasks to ensure the centre is well presented to the highest standard. Ideal candidates will need to be available to work throughout the summer holiday period June to September inclusive
Candidates will have a friendly and approachable manner to maintain a high level of customer service at all times. Candidates must attend monthly training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification.
It is essential you have a current Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification. A first aid at work qualification, AED and pool plant operator’s certificate are also desirable.
Skills and Experience
The Leisure Attendant should ideally be able to demonstrate a level of experience and
knowledge commensurate with the position.
- Ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive
- Ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies
- Customer care skills
- Communication skills
- The ability to set and achieve high standards of centre cleanliness and presentation
- Health & Safety awareness
This position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Whilst this advert has a long closing date, applications will be reviewed and interviews will be held on a regular basis.