It has never been a more exciting time to work for Birmingham Children’s Fostering Agency, as we continue on our journey to implement improvements for our Children, Foster carers as well as our workforce. Whilst we have been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted we strive to be an outstanding fostering service and looking for a Passionate and Committed Senior Practitioner to be part of Birmingham biggest Fostering Family.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Senior Practitioner to join the fostering agency as a Senior Practitioner within our Fostering Support Team who will contribute to our whole service journey to outstanding by providing the safest and best outcomes for our Children and Young people. You will be part of an experienced, ‘can do will do’ fostering service and work closely with foster carers, children and stakeholders.
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for an opportunity to share your valuable and relevant practice-based experience, knowledge and further develop your expertise in Fostering? If so, we have an opportunity to support your fostering career development through the key role of Senior Practitioner within Fostering Support Service delivery.
- You should be able to work on own initiative, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and apply them.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues / partners/other agencies.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and roles in the protection of children and young people within fostering.
- To contribute to the fostering agency development and best practice processes in line with key priorities within the Children’s Trust and Fostering agency strategic and operational plans.
- To contribute to the management and professional supervision and appraisal of a team of fostering Social Workers.
- You will have a good working understanding of relevant care planning and fostering legislation and be able to confidently work within the realms of statutory requirements, regulations and national minimum standards.
- Substantial post qualifying experience and knowledge of working within children and of the needs of children from complex backgrounds.
- Assessment and report writing skills that are evidence and research based utilising professional curiosity.
- To support the Team Manager and team/deputise for the Team Manager in his/her absence and participate when required in the fostering agency placements duty service.
- Proficient skills and understanding of the use of systems
- Experience of supervising staff/students
- You must be social work qualified for at least 3 years and registered with Social work England
Our offer to you…
If you are 3yrs post qualified, you will receive a recruitment incentive payment of £3,000 (terms and conditions apply)
You will also receive a retention payment of £2,400, paid quarterly in your pay package for your duration in front-door service
27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days post 5 years’ service, rising 35 days post 10years service
To find out more about the Trust please visit our website birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
To find out more about our other financial offer and amazing rewards and benefits click HERE
To find out more about Birmingham as a place to live click HERE
Interested, wanting to make a difference to children living in foster carer, then this is the role for you .
If you would like to know more about the role please contact
Michelle Gardiner – Team Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel 07766924550
Interviews will be held on 1st June 2022