Are you a skilled, professional driver looking for a new challenge? In a role which delivers a vital service for our communities? If so, read on!
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Driver for our street cleaning service, as part of our dedicated mobile team.
About the role
You will be required to work 37 hours a week, between 6.00am to 2.15pm, Monday to Thursday and 6.00am to 12.30pm on Friday.
Please be aware, the role is physically demanding and involves:
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects.
- Driving our street cleaning vehicles.
- Sweeping to remove waste and rubbish.
- Picking litter in urban and rural locations.
- Emptying our dog waste and litter bins.
- Removing fly-tipping waste and animal fouling from our roads and pavements.
- Disposing of deceased animals.
- Removing graffiti (when trained).
The successful applicant will also be required to keep accurate records about our vehicles and completed work.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are an experienced and skilled driver.
- Hold a current clean driving licence.
- Are comfortable working as part of a team.
- Are experienced dealing with members of the public.
Want to know more?
If you’d like to know more, please read our role specification or get in touch with Jim Lewthwaite for an informal discussion by calling 01883 732751.
We look forward to hearing from you.