Property & Assets Contracts Manager
Full time, 37 hours – Permanent
RG7b (SCP 33-36) £37,568 - £40,578
The role is a hybrid role with part work from home and part office
It’s an exciting time for our Property & Assets Management Service. Over the last year we have taken great strides to modernise our Department thriving to deliver a first-class service which deliver best value and offers modern and inspirational property portfolios for staff and the people of Reading.
We are looking for a dynamic team leader to join our new Contracts Service, supporting the overall Property & Assets Management teams to procure, commission, tender and contract manage a diverse number of contracts across the service.
If you enjoy a fast-paced team environment with opportunities to really make a difference we need you to help us achieve our goals and aspirations.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To oversee performance and overall management of all Property & Asset Management contracts, ensuring compliance with the RBC Contract Procurement Regulations and policies (e.g. Climate, Social Value, etc).
- Leading organisational governance, regulatory frameworks and procedures as determined at a Council-wide level are complied with throughout the service.
- Lead and ensure forward planning for goods, services and works contracts across the Property & Assets Management Service, working with service managers to implement necessary actions in a timely manner.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - champion and inspire a culture which ensures that all employees across the organisation work together to provide excellent outcomes for Reading
Drive Efficiency - create an environment in which resources are used efficiently and employees’ skills are developed and used effectively
Be Ambitious - aspire to deliver excellence and inspire and support others to reach their potential
Make a Difference to Reading - inspire a culture in which the customer is the focus and where change is welcomed as an opportunity
We are looking for someone who has experience in contracts and procurement management ideally in relation to Property & Facilities Management services although not essential. With an inspirational can-do attitude, someone that enjoys a challenge, can make things happen, whilst never losing sight of the customer.
- Experience, skills and personal attributes are the most important aspects of the person specification for this role. We would anticipate that the successful candidate will be educated to degree standard or have the relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of tendering for services, goods and works, preparing necessary documentation.
- Experience in supporting and leading teams.
- Experience of working closely with senior officer, stakeholders and contract suppliers.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact
Closing Date: 29th May
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Interview Process: Panel interview with questions
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.