Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Please note: The salary for this role will be pro-rata based on the hours of contracted work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Hillingdon's Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Education Pilot Programme for 2022. The Programme will work in partnership with families and schools to identify and address needs and reduce the risk of poor outcomes for children, young people and their families with particular regard to strengthening access to education, employment and training for young people.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team on a fixed term contract until October 2022. You will provide high quality, customer focused, information and expert advice to schools and parents regarding all aspects of participation in education, employment and training.
The hours of work for this role are up to 22 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience of working with and understanding the challenges facing members of the Gypsy, Roma and Irish Traveller communities (GRT).
We are looking for an organised, self-motivated and flexible candidate with excellent communication skills to ensure that the views of GRT families and their children are clearly heard and used to inform Hillingdon's approach to strengthening GRT education outcomes.
This is a very busy and challenging role that requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to remain calm and accurate under pressure. You will have the ability to manage high volumes of work effectively and accurately.
The role requires face to face attendance at meetings and home visits in line with COVID guidelines.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.