The Falkland Islands Government has a vacancy for a Director of Mineral Resources. This role is one-of-a-kind and includes the unique opportunity to live and work overseas in a beautiful and vibrant island community.
You will run a team in providing effective and efficient regulation of all offshore hydrocarbons and onshore minerals activity, as well as ensuring the effective working of the Government in achieving corporate objectives and projects.
- Substantial recent background in an area relevant to the exploration and extraction of hydrocarbons and onshore minerals.
- Have at least 10 or more years of operational, front line, management experience in a multi-service organisation, including management of significant budget and staff numbers.
- Be well educated to equivalent of first-degree level.
- Experience of policy development at Board or equivalent level.
- Good knowledge of the full range of senior management challenges including budgets, performance management, people management, project management, policy development and business and strategic planning.
- Strong negotiating skills applicable to senior commercial levels.
- Able to initiate and drive corporate projects through winning sufficient consensus and then ensuring delivery through focus on time-scales, budget and outcomes.
- Ability to think laterally and creatively to generate innovative but realistic solutions.
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 years.
Starting Salary £75,976 - £84,237 (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £93,769.
Eligibility for a 25% gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract
30 days annual leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave)
Relocation allowance, to help with moving costs.
Flights package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract
Government housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Stephen Luxton, current Director of Mineral Resources, by emailing SLuxton@mineralresources.gov.fk or by calling (+500) 27322.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications
8th June 2022 @ 1930GMT
10th June 2022
15th and 16th June 2022
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8,000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.