Assistant Support Worker - Spring Gardens
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In High Wycombe we provide high-quality care and support to six adults with learning disabilities between 8am and 8pm.
We are looking for a new Support Worker to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference on a full time and part time basis.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit an individual who care regardless of their qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care, if you don`t already have one.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
You`ll be working as part of a dedicated team to empower our service users to lead independent and fulfilling lives. You`ll support them in developing their life skills such as budgeting, cooking, cleaning and dealing with bills. You`ll also support them to access the community for leisure, shopping and appointments.
You`ll join a strong, supportive team who are highly effective at meeting each individual`s needs, supporting their aspirations and maximising their independence. As part of the role you do not need to provide personal care but will help keep the scheme a safe, happy place for the residents and help run weekly breakfast clubs, film afternoons and host BBQ`s in the garden.
The shifts are from 8am - 4pm, 10am - 6pm and 12pm - 8pm.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £9.79per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.