Be Bold, Make a Difference, Show you Care
Salary: up to £61,497 pa
(Salary range is £48,078 - £61,497 pa)
Permanent, Full Time (36 hours) Contract
Here at Enfield Council, our mission is to create a “lifetime of opportunity for our residents”. We are an ambitious Council, serving a population of over 350,000 people and this is reflected in our Council plan to deliver better and more efficient services to all who live, work, study and visit our borough.
We are looking for a Category Manager to lead our Corporate Spend Category, Finance, HR, Legal, Soft FM, etc.
As the Category Manager you will drive improvements and establish best practice in procurement and Category Management across your categories and the council. This involves the implementation of Category Management as a procurement practice. Developing a business partnership with Services and stakeholders, developing category strategies to drive strategic procurement, support the delivery of dynamic commissioned services and support savings and improvements. This is an exciting time to join as new ways of working are established providing a platform to significantly impact on category management delivery.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, you’ll use your knowledge of local authority procurement to formulate and work with data to inform the improvement agenda. You’ll work with services and operational areas, manage a portfolio of categories, to implement a framework of Category Management to support the delivery of service aims and priorities.
If you are seeking a new challenge and want to bring your dynamism and energy to an ambitious and forward-thinking organisation, we will want to hear from you. It’s important that you have the CIPS Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations, or commitment to work towards it, or 3 years demonstrable procurement experience in a central function.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 132 2027
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Friday 27th May 2022
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Charlotte O'Sullivan, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 0208 132 3189 or firstname.lastname@example.org