Wokingham Borough Council Procurement and Contracts Team is recruiting to an exciting post with a focus on IT procurements & contract management. The role will require a self starter and someone interested in this category. Full support, training and guidance will be provided.
You will be part of a growing and ambitious team of people who work together to make a positive difference for our communities and who are passionate about achieving improvements and exploring new ideas to increase efficiencies and maximise best value for the Council. The team supports procurement activity covering a broad range of categories, including social care, public health, transport, capital projects and many others. The focus of this role is procurement of IT products and related services, supplier relationship management and contract administration and management of all relevant contracts within the IT category.
Reporting to the Procurement and Contracts Manager, this role is key to driving the development of a IT category procurement best practice framework and subsequent implementation. You will be involved in the procurement of variety of IT projects, providing procurement and contract management advice and guidance, reviewing and developing the Council’s procurement rules and procedures, promoting best commercial practice.
Procurement and contract management experience is essential for this role. We are looking for an individual who is:
- commercially minded with aptitude for an excellent understanding of the public procurement legislation;
- experienced in procuring IT category products and services for public sector organisations, including but not limited to effective market shaping, market engagement and commercial negotiation with proven results, procurement of software solutions requiring long and complex implementation;
- has excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- able to provide clear procurement guidance and contract management advice to support procuring officers and senior managers across the Council;
- able to build and maintain robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- able to engage with key steakholders, including budgetholders and end users of IT products;
- experienced in managing contracts delivering IT category of services and products;
It would be desirable to have:
- experience or excellent understanding of Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- relevant professional qualification, such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, or a recognised business qualification;
- Strong IT skills, specifically in PowerPoint and Excel, plus e-sourcing software.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Valentina Velcheva via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11pm, 8th June 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.