The Service is seeking to appoint a Senior Communications and Engagement Officer on a 12-month fixed term basis within the Corporate Services team. The post holder will manage and deliver effective and efficient communications and engagement services in support of RBFRS’ strategic commitments and vision, leading on strategic projects and programmes.
As Senior Communications and Engagement Officer, you will develop and participate in all communications activities, including working with stakeholders within and outside the organisation, while promoting high levels of engagement and advocacy to deliver a service which reflects contemporary best practice.
The successful candidate will be inspired to demonstrate and promote behaviours in line with the Job Profile and our Behaviour Competency Framework.
The key focus of this role is:
- Liaise with the media and take ownership for dealing with queries and supporting requests for data, pictures and information in a timely manner, whilst ensuring the integrity and positive reputation of RBFRS is upheld.
- Lead, whilst effectively and efficiently managing assigned communications and engagement portfolios, working collaboratively with other team members, colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage, coach, teach and develop others within the team as well across the organisation.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate effective internal and external communications and engagement initiatives which support the corporate vision and objectives.
- Provide professional guidance and advice on strategic communication and reputational matters to the Senior Leadership Team, developing communication strategies and plans accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and the Corporate Management Team (CMT) to plan and deliver regular communication to Fire Authority Members and attend Fire Authority meetings as required.
Key role requirements (knowledge, skills and experience):
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Ability to make decisions within own area of responsibility, demonstrating strategic thinking skills
- Experience of strategic communications and reputation management
- Experience of project management
Benefits: Excellent annual leave allowance of 27 days plus public holidays, flexible working hours, onsite parking and gym facilities.
Application and selection process
If you are interested in applying for this position click Apply Now.
For further details about the role please contact Mark Antell, Communications and Engagement Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CVs without an accompanying application form.
Anticipated start date: ASAP
It is anticipated that the assessment process will run week commencing 13 June 2022.
The Behavioural Competency Framework allows us to easily identify the behaviours that drive successful performance and enables us to deliver an effective service. The behaviours detailed within the job profile will be assessed throughout the selection process.
At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, we want you to bring your whole self to work.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are more than just words for us. That’s why we are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels included and respected, and where no one is unfairly discriminated against. All applications are considered on merit alone. We are a Disability Confident Leader – if you meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
Simply: Our community is varied and diverse. Our workforce should be too. At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, everyone is welcome. To find out more: rbfrs.co.uk/EqualityDiversityInclusion