EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR
SALARY £29,544 - £30,618
All Year Round - 36 hours, 52 weeks (Permanent)
Old Oak Primary is a school with a very diverse community of children located on the Old Oak Estate, North Hammersmith. There are approximately 250 children on role including a double nursery class. You will be required to work during term time, 39 weeks a year.
We are recruiting for an Early Years Educator to work with our Early Years Education Centre which is in collaboration with Imperial College in South Kensington.
The role is to support our children in our Day Care setting from the ages of 6 months to 5 years
Early Years Educator will be required to:
- Support and promote children’s early education and development.
- Plan and provide an enabling environment that promotes effective care, teaching, and learning that allows all children to progress and prepares them for their next phase of development and learning.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety, and development of all children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, parents/carers, and other professionals.
- Make use of assessments to support planning and progressing children towards their ‘next steps.
- To be successful, applicants will need to exhibit the following skills and attributes:
- Good attention to detail.
- Great communication skills with children and adults.
- Ability to remain calm when a stressful situation arises.
- A positive role model for the children.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Proactive in their approach to work.
The ideal candidates would have previous professional experience and hold a relevant qualification in the early years. We will be happy to support candidates to train and achieve higher formal qualifications, provided that they have sound experience and a passion for working with children
For any further information please contact Serena Francis on 0208 743 7629
Closing date for applications: Thursday 2nd June 2022 at Noon
Shortlisting: Friday 3rd June 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 7th June 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and our staff share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for successful appointees in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Educational legislation.