Help us make a difference at Easthampstead Park Cemetery & Crematorium. We are now looking for an Bereavement Administrator to help, support and guide bereaved families and funeral directors.
Based on the borders of Bracknell and Wokingham, Easthampstead Park Cemetery and Crematorium has been serving the local and extended community for 50 years.
We're proud of Easthampstead Park Cemetery and Crematorium. The care we give. The services we provide. But we're always looking to do more. Which is why we give our team the time, support, and resources they need not only to do their job well, but also to help define the way we do things more broadly. There'll always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership. And having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
What it's like working in our team…
We are a small and close-knit team with one prevailing ethos - supporting each another and our partners with the delivery of funeral services and memorials within our grounds.
Working here is both rewarding and affirming. We believe great customer service means following best practices like valuing customers' time, having a pleasant attitude, providing knowledgeable and practical solutions, but that we also like to take things a step further and exceed - rather than just meet - expectations.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities, and training…
- Responsible for entering information accurately and producing daily paperwork.
- Taking and entering cremation or burial bookings on to the booking system from Funeral Directors.
- Handling general office-based duties including answering the telephone and dealing with face-to-face enquiries plus sending correspondence letters/emails to customers and stake holders.
- To support Funeral Directors (and their partners) to deliver chapel services, including service set up, checking, and demonstrating AV / music system software, and checking coffin foot plates.
- To process general office card, cheque, and cash transactions either face-to-face or over the phone and manage all receipts accordingly.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- A tranquil office location within the crematorium grounds.
- Opportunity to join the local government pension scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for an organised and motivated individual to join our small team, you will recognise and understand the importance of conducting yourself in a caring and sensitive manner conducive to the care of the bereaved.
You should have a good telephone manner, proven administrative skills, and be capable of carrying out work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
With excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good level of competence in Mathematics, English and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Professional suite of programmes is required.
Saturday 2nd July
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.