Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, Arun District Council are seeking two motivated and driven planners to join our Policy & Conservation (Local Plans) Team. Arun is a District with a vision to be a vibrant and attractive place to live, work and visit. The District features coastal towns, including Bognor Regis and Littlehampton with their seaside heritage and regeneration schemes, and the historic market town of Arundel, which acts as a gateway to the South Downs National Park.
Arun is undergoing a significant change with the adopted Local Plan seeking to secure the delivery of over 20,000 homes by 2031 as well as significant employment growth. There is a need to update the Local Plan and so this is an exciting time in Arun and any planner seeking a challenge or looking to make the next big step in their career will be provided with the necessary support and opportunity to develop professionally.
We currently have a vacancy for two Senior Planning Officers within the Policy & Conservation (Local Plans) Team of the Directorate of Place.
For an informal discussion about the vacancy, please contact Kevin Owen, Policy & Conservation Team Leader, on 01903 737853.
The Council is currently operating a hybrid working arrangement which is subject to review. The role is based at the Civic Centre, Littlehampton.
We offer in return:
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time - an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/ Christmas Savings/ Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development opportunities
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY 30 June 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: FRIDAY 8 July 2022
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.