£46,638 - £49,674 pa
Client Side New Build Housing Development Project Manager: To realise the Council’s development aspirations through the successful delivery of a range of house building development contracts. Act as the lead representative and key project manager of each contract ensuring a quality building is provided for the Council’s residents. Ensure the Council’s requirements are met and the interests of the Council are protected with regard to, but not limited to; contractual compliance, programme management, legal requirements, building control, charging, audit, health and safety, and quality.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following experience:
- Project management of the delivery process of an identified portfolio of new build housing development sites, driving the development process from construction start-on-site to practical completion, and ensuring that schemes are delivered on time and within approved budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key external partners, designers, contractors, employers agents, etc. to construct new affordable housing in line with good procedural, legal and external audit requirements.
- Using effective negotiation skills and sound judgement, to ensure schemes are progressed in a satisfactory manner. Throughout the scheme, manage the consultants and other members of the project team to oversee the construction phase ensuring a quality product is provided for residents. Attending site meetings; reviewing information from Clerk of Works and the Employers Agent; managing the snag and de-snag process as required; identifying when it is appropriate for handovers of homes to occur. Accept the handover of homes in compliance with the contract and in line with forecast timings and anticipated quality standards. At post-handover, ensure the efficient completion of any outstanding works.
- Experience of working within a property Development role, showing a commitment to providing a customer focused service.
- Experience of GLA standards, requirements, and procedures, with a proven track record of successfully delivering and managing a range of projects.
An appropriate degree level qualification and membership of a recognised institutional body in the construction industry is desirable but not essential.
If you can match our ambition and have the skills, resilience and experience to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 26th June 2022
Please View Construction Manager Job Description
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Newham is one of the youngest, most diverse, and vibrant boroughs in the UK. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects our local population. We welcome and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, including applicants who are ethnically diverse and/or applicants who have a disability.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.