Team: Brokerage and Direct Payments
Job Family: Providing - CBG7
Salary: £22,571 to £24,920 per annum
Hours: Full-time – 37 hours per week
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Fixed Term 12 months, Maternity Cover
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Interview Date: 15 July 2022 – this will take place via Microsoft Teams. This software is free for users. If there is an issue with accessing this technology, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements prior to the interview.
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
Here in Social Care, Health and Housing, we support people to live independently and make sure great care is available to meet the needs of our increasing population of older people. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Brokerage and Direct Payments Team as a Homecare Brokerage Co-ordinator.
You will be responsible for arranging homecare packages for service users within Central Bedfordshire Council. This role is varied in demand, so it requires an outcome and client focused approach, be hard working in nature with an excellent telephone manner. Self-motivated, organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining good team relationships and able to work independently are essential to this role.
Join us, and take advantage of our rewards package, agile working and the chance to learn and progress. Find your greatness by helping us to deliver better services to the local community.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Natasha Garner at email@example.com or call 0300 300 6036.
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at email@example.com Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.