Planning First is a newly established service bringing together staff at Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils concerned with developments related to the local built environments. The inter-disciplinary team includes case workers, planners, policy experts and a small team interested in conservation, regeneration and design issues.
We want to further develop this team, and are currently looking for an experienced Senior Specialist Advisor (Development Manager) able to
- deliver authoritative information, advice and guidance to householders, agents, architects and developers; and to other team members, council colleagues and councillors
- provide written town planning/urban design advice assessing the appropriateness of specific proposals for development submitted through applications for planning permission/ listed building consent
- support the work of the team by taking cases through to determination using delegated powers where appropriate.
The role is interesting and varied, and the successful post-holder will need
- relevant experience delivering a comparable role in a local authority or commercial setting
- an appropriate qualification and/ or credentials, for example RTPI
- excellent written and communication skills, to include the proven ability to convey complex information to non-specialist audiences
- an ability to undertake planning application assessments, audits and reviews; to support policy development and to make positive connections between development, regeneration and urban design agendas
- to be able to manage workloads and to work with a range of IT packages
- to able to represent the authorities, and act as an ambassador, in dealings with a wide range of external groups
Interested? We’d love to hear from you, in return we can offer you training support and interesting work to really help your career flourish.