Grade 6/7- £32112-£40566pa Secondment Opportunity/Fixed Term Contract until March 2023
Havering Council is determined to deliver integrated health and social care services to our community across Adults and Children’s social care and Public Health services, of the highest possible quality and that provide value for money.
The vision for the Joint Commissioning Unit is:
- Vulnerable people and their families are supported to remain as independent and connected as possible, in supportive communities.
- Early identification of need is responded to quickly through lean business processes that provide access to personalised services and places that support delivery of positive outcomes. The overall system design is integrated where it needs to be and cost effective, achieved because we have:
- Strong relationships and aligned objectives with all partners and stakeholders.
- A sustainable market, providing opportunities that will enable a diverse and vibrant range of services
- A well-trained, well informed, motivated and knowledgeable workforce.
Main Purpose of the Job/Key Objectives
- To deliver work programmes; commissioning exercises and projects mandated through Senior Managers across all service areas involved in the JCU. Running several such exercises simultaneously.
- To assist the development and implementation of service strategies for all groups covered by the JCU
- Deliver change in close co-operation with health services within a complex change agenda.
- To take responsibility for contract management recognising the need to refer to senior managers and pull on support around sensitive discussion around value for money and/ or quality
- To meet legal and local authority requirements in regard to compliance with corporate procurement regulations, contracting processes, Financial Regulations, contract guidelines, procurement legislation and EU contracting requirements.
- To be able to contribute to discussions and negotiations with providers, creating a positive partnership culture, developing performance measures that encourage the right behaviours
- To follow commissioning project management requirements, being able to write concise and thought through documents in response to mandates for work. These will include PIDs, business cases, stakeholder analyses and communication plans, milestones from plans built with stakeholders, risks and issues logs that are maintained and used throughout the projects existence. Any specialist products that the project requires
- A clear idea of products required from the project and the ability to ensure that these are delivered by those required to input. The ability to clearly specify what work is required from others to meet the requirements of the project
- To lead project management teams and/ or boards where necessary and to manage the meetings effectively with agendas, records and the management of the various stakeholders required to deliver the project
- To be able to work with partners both in and outside the organisation to deliver the outcomes needed from commissioning exercises and/ or projects
- To make presentations to small or large groups on a variety of topics related to the work
- Work with senior managers in the JCU as necessary on procurement and contractual arrangements including specifications, negotiation strategy, market development and provider relationship management including contractual levers and incentivising performance improvement.
- Provide procurement assistance as part of the commissioning process and work with the assigned Commissioning Manager to deliver specific projects within the agreed timescale
- Input to any IT systems that are related to the tendering and management of contracts and ensure the system is updated and information is accurate and accessible
- To deliver savings and report on their progress, raising risks issues at an early stage with suggestions for resolution, to Senior Commissioning and Projects Managers
The post holder should demonstrate the following:
- Experience of commissioning new initiatives and of delivering projects that result in substantial change and/or integration across organisations
- Demonstrable experience of working with service users, service colleagues and partners to create change that is co-designed
- Ability to negotiate, influence and work in partnership
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in project development.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with providers and creating an atmosphere of partnership and cooperation to deliver positive outcomes
- Experience of negotiating with partners and knowing what stance to take to get the best