One year Fixed Term proceeding to permanent for the right candidate
Closing date: 23rd June
Shortlisting date: 24th June
Interview date: 30th June
Salary: M1-6 plus SEND point (£29,915 – £41,136) + (£2,270)
Appointment within these scales will be dependent on experience.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Burnside Secondary School is a short term specialist provision for young people who are either at risk of exclusion or have been permanently excluded from their mainstream school. We offer a short-term behavioural and educational intervention (typically two terms) for children aged 11-16 who are struggling with regulating their behaviour in mainstream school or who have been permanently excluded.
Our pupils are often able to learn well but require calm, encouraging and enabling adult support. Some of our pupils have an EHCP for additional needs such as SEMH and or ASD etc.
As a team we work hard to build resilience, social skills and mental wellbeing to enable pupils to return to mainstream school.
Our class sizes are small, with a supporting adult in every class. We work with various multi agency support including a CAMHs therapist and Educational Psychologist. Together we work as a team to provide intensive care and support.
What we are looking for:
- Do you want to make a difference where it most counts?
- Do you believe that every young person has the potential to succeed with the right help and support?
- Do you believe in the power of education to change lives?
We are keen to appoint teachers who understand the importance of high quality teaching and learning with a personalised approach to meet individual needs.
Don’t worry if you don’t have PRU or special school experience: very few of us did before we came here, the drive and desire to learn is, however, absolutely essential.
What we can offer you:
- A school with a strong sense of moral purpose and ethical practice
- A trauma informed school and a commitment to restorative approaches
- A supportive staff team
- Great CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing professional practice relating to enhancing teaching and learning.
- A commitment from Leadership to promote and support innovation.
- A school which expects high standards of pupil conduct, both in school and in the local community.
Please see the JD and person specification. For further information call the Headteacher, Liz Rattue on 020 8289 4740 for an informal discussion about the position. Visits are also welcomed.
The Hawkswood Group is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children. Please note that this position requires as enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks will be carried out prior to appointment.