Senior Officer School Relations
Location: Brockley, South East London; Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home on discussion with your line manager.
Childnet is a children’s charity with a mission to help make the internet a great and safe place for children and young people.
We work directly with children and young people aged 3-18, as well as parents, carers, educators and professionals, finding out about their real experiences online. This informs our work in helping to equip children to stay safe online and the resources that we develop for them.
We strive to take a balanced approach, making sure that we promote the positive opportunities, as well as responding to the risks and equipping children and young people with the tools to deal with them.
Youth voice is central to our work, and we involve young people in our education projects, policy responses and campaigns. We empower them to take the lead in promoting a better internet through our Childnet Digital Leaders Programme, training them to be peer educators in their school communities.
At the heart of all our work is the belief that when used properly the internet is a wonderfully positive tool.
Our Senior Officer Schools Relations will help Childnet produce and deliver the Childnet Digital Leaders Programme as we enter an exciting new chapter in the launch of the newly refreshed training platform and learning content. You will play a vital part in ensuring the smooth running of the programme as well as maintaining relationships with education providers and supporting youth leadership.
Tasks and responsibilities of the role:
- Line manage the programme administration staff
- Deliver excellent customer service, managing day to day customer facing operations with education providers.
- Support staff to respond to queries and technical issues in a timely matter.
- Maintain smooth running of the programme through liaison with third parties such as digital technology companies
- Manage events for schools, education providers and industry stakeholders
Marketing and communications
- Support the external communications of the Digital Leaders Programme
- Write content for education and community audiences
Programme development and project management
- Support the development of the programme and reach existing and new audiences
- Engage and communicate with Digital Leaders through the online platform
- Support the development of creative content and educational design for modules and other assets
- Collect and analyse data contributing to evaluation and impact reports
- Manage records, data and reporting on the Salesforce CRM system
- Review, develop and improve processes and automation
- Handle data as required by GDPR
Website and online platform maintenance
- Troubleshoot technical issues on the online platform and public facing website and liaise with digital companies as needed
- Upload and launch new programme website content
- Support with Childnet events and projects as required, e.g. Safer Internet Day, Film Competition
- Strong commitment to and enthusiasm for Childnet’s mission and its values. See childnet.com/what-we-do/vision-and-values
- Excellent customer service management skills
- Salesforce or other customer service relationship management systems experience
- Experience of running events for schools, young people or of online learning programmes
- Experience of liaising with a diverse range of agencies/companies and organisations
- Line management experience, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others
- Be organised with demonstrable experience of managing workload, and of managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administration, reporting and data collection and management skills, with consistent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for keeping children safe online, empowering them and including their voice within all of Childnet’s work
Employment is conditional upon receiving satisfactory references, and DBS clearance.
At Childnet, you can enjoy a range of employee benefits including a generous pension scheme and annual leave entitlement.
For further information and to apply, please click the apply button!
Closing date: 11:59pm Wednesday 6th July 2022.
Interviews: First round interviews: 18th & 19th July 2022
Second round interviews: 25th July 2022