- Employer: Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: COMM/22/200298
- Published: Wed 15/06/2022, 10:47 AM
- Closing on: Fri 31/03/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Evenings, Weekends
- Hours: 0 hours per week, To work as and when required
- Salary: Grade D SCP 5 £19,650pro rata (£10.46 per hour) saef
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Borough Wide, Merseyside
Fitness Instructor (Casual)
Casual Fitness Instructor - Casual to work as and when required
Working Pattern: Various shifts including evening and weekends
Casual Fitness Instructor
An opportunity has arisen within Sefton Council for us to recruit Casual Fitness Instructors to help support our 6 x Leisure Centres.
We are looking for experienced and passionate fitness instructors to cover a varying shift pattern including evenings and weekends. We are looking for individuals who can work as part of a team of instructors supporting, motivating and ensuring the safety of customers and visitors who use the fitness suite and associated facilities. You will support our members on their fitness journey; building rapport quickly to engage and educate them on the latest fitness trends, encouraging them take part in gym floor classes & supporting them through their training. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential allowing you to deal with customers in a caring, friendly and professional manner. Ideally you will have an enthusiasm for fitness, a passion for results and the drive to help people change their lives.
The role is to conduct health checks, inductions, run synrgy classes and prescribe safe and effective programmes for member and users. To provide a presence on the gym floor and be available at all times to assist customers with their exercise programmes and ensure that they are using the equipment correctly. The positions will also involve membership sales and retention, actively promoting and encouraging customers and visitors to join as full paying members. Member interaction and retention initiatives are key indicators within our business, and you will need to demonstrate skills in these areas. The ideal candidates will have the ability to teach small group classes.
This position requires a Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate, with the desire to work toward Level 3 and a current first aid at work certificate would be desirable.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate good coaching skills and have the knowledge to educate members on the latest fitness trends and health strategies
- Small group exercise classes
- Caring friendly manner, with the ability to support and engage with members
- Health & Safety awareness
NB: These posts are registered as exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and in accordance with the police act; any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record disclosure. Any disclosure of a criminal record will not automatically prevent an offer of employment.
Interview dates will be ongoing so please don't delay applying for the role