Hartford Primary School are recruiting an Office Administrator/Receptionist to join their busy office team.
The role is Grade 3, working 5 mornings Monday to Friday, 15 hours a week between 8am and 11am, term time only. Start date will be 4th September 2022, or earlier should be right candidate be available. It is initially a 10-month temporary contract covering the next academic year.
Hartford Primary School is a large two form entry school which has strong team ethos within the whole school staff. Although we are a large school, we pride ourselves on knowing each and every child and their family.
Our office team plays an important role in supporting children, families and the whole staff team within the school, as well as ensuring the smooth and efficient operational running of the school.
Reporting to the School Business Manager, this role is very much a customer service supporting role, as the person will often be the first point of contact on the phone, email or face to face for parents, children and visitors. It is therefore essential that they have a customer service, can do mindset, with a warm, supportive, friendly and helpful attitude. They will also be able to continually multitask, have energy to complete busy tasks quickly and efficiently and demonstrate teamwork not only with their office colleagues, but the rest of the school staff and leadership team. Discretion and confidentiality is absolutely essential.
The main duties of the role are:
- Be the first point of contact for initial enquiries with school
- Answer parent and staff queries on the phone, email and face to face.
- Ensure all queries are forwarded to the appropriate staff members to be answered.
- Contact parents when required for ad hoc queries e.g.: pe kits, packed lunch etc.
- Support teaching staff with photocopying, printing, stationery.
- Maintain a tidy and organised office.
We would expect the individual to have:
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills with the ability to multitask and ensure that all tasks are completed.
- Excellent customer service attitude, our role is to support our school community
- Excellent IT Skills including outlook, excel and word. Knowledge of Arbor an advantage but not essential as full training given
- Excellent personal and communication skills and a good sense of humour is essential
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised, and able to take own initiative
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality at all times.
We encourage you to visit our school and will be holding school visits on Monday 27th June at 9.30am. Please contact our school office on 01606 74164 to book a space.
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 4th July, and interviews will take place on Monday 11th July.
Start date will be 1st September 2022. If you require further information about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 01606 74164.