Team: Housing Innovations
Job Family: Advising - CBG13
Salary: £45,648 – £49,651 per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
Interview Date: w/c 11th July 2022
More about the role:
Central Bedfordshire Council manages 5,500 homes and is on track to manage 10,000 homes by 2040. We are well under-way with our transformation journey, building upon solid foundations in performance and workforce development. Yet there are areas where we still need to improve, and we are stepping up to challenges around sustainability, decarbonisation, and regeneration. We are committed to providing excellent housing services, keeping people safe in their homes, and putting customers at the heart of our service.
Central Bedfordshire Council are looking for a motivated professional who has recent experience in delivering change / transformation projects. The successful candidate will manage a range of projects through the delivery phase, ensuring objectives outlined in respective business cases are met. The role will ensure that business process engineering is undertaken and, importantly, that colleague buy-in occurs during and post project delivery.
The Housing Service transformation agenda will see the innovation of services to exceed customer expectations. CBC aim to deliver top quartile performance by enabling the customer to access systems and self-service at a time to suit them. CBC Housing Service is also connecting systems and it plans to maximise emerging technology. The programme management and training required to make system launches operational is the core focus of this role, including enabling new ways of working to embed the changes.
You will manage a new team and have responsibility for delivering a range of digital and non-digital change through the following actions:
- Developing end to end business processes, managing business process engineering as required, being aligned with new systems and system changes
- Facilitating informative workshops for stakeholders on the Target Operating Models.
- Input and planning for new system launch, with a change programme overview
- Ensure relevant training and support during delivery and post go live
- Undertaking programme management audits, ensuring business case benefits are realised
The successful candidate will have strengths in digital transformation and experience of implementing recent change or transformation in a similar organisation. Ideally you will have an understanding of Housing and be a professional who flourishes in managing transformational change. Delivering digital customer journeys, alongside our colleagues, for a positive customer outcome is an imperative. Undertaking this role in a political environment, with all stakeholders engaged and support provided to land sustainable change is another key component of success.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in an environment going through organisational change and knowledge of organisational change initiatives, and have completed or working towards completion of Project or Programme Management qualification - PRINCE2 or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) or Change Management and/or Business Design or similar.
The role holder will work across the Housing Service and Central Bedfordshire Council, interacting with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders to deliver effective combined solutions.
The post holder will also assist in sponsoring improvements in our business intelligence systems and support revised practices, enhance collaboration, deliver accessibility and system integration.
What we can offer you:
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Gurminder Singh at email@example.com or call 0300 300 5849
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at email@example.com Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.