To develop and deliver excellent customer services through the front office team and NM tenancy and NM communities. To motivate and lead teams by setting, reviewing, monitoring and improving targets to reflect all aspects of customer service across the business to ensure that excellent customer service remains a high priority and all the organisation’s objectives are fully met.
- Create and maintain a high performance culture through effective leadership and Management, ensuring that all performance is monitored and reviewed, underpinning constant improvement in a changing environment.
- Lead and build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective team building and participation together with the development of a strong partner approach to overall service delivery, including customer services, tenancy and community.
- Assist the HOM in developing and maintaining a strategic approach to planning and programme delivery. The Customer Services Manager will play an active part in the local leadership team and participate in all operational and strategic decision making forums both internally and externally as required.
- To deputise for the HOM as required in attending internal and external meetings and providing information and support in the HOM’s absence.
- Coordinate the front of house function, including the call centre and reception areas, with the tenancy and community functions, to ensure a seamless service to both internal and external stakeholders including tenants and residents.
- Manage the day to day operation by leading the team to improving the overall service, maintaining good working relationships and inspiring them to set and achieve their own individual goals and targets, and promoting staff development through adopting a coaching leadership style of management.
- The post holder will be required to lead and cover for other roles as required, including cover for the front of house services from time to time.
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of data monitoring including CRM, Northgate and Mitel to enable full interrogation of data and subsequent plan of action to ensure all standards are maintained and improved over time.
- A fully motivated and progressive team that are able and willing to go the extra mile in pursuit of excellent customer service, can work independently and as part of a team and understand the importance of participation and working collaboratively, whilst adhering to all the organisation’s values.
- Improved service delivery on all levels including front of house and back office teams resulting in maintaining and increasing overall customer satisfaction rates.
- To inspire and lead encouraging individual self development through connected conversations and the adoption of a coaching leadership style.
- You will be: Able to work under pressure in a calm and customer focussed manner, bringing a solution based approach to customer services.
- Active in promoting a collaborative approach to problem solving as a method of seeking the best solution for all concerned parties.
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of housing management including tenancy practise, housing legislation, and regulation together with the organisations policy and procedures is essential for this role.
- Knowledge and a proven track record of customer services in a housing setting is desirable together with an understanding of community development work and its overall contribution to the smooth running of the organisation and the benefit to the community would be an advantage.
- Inclusive when dealing with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that opportunities are open to all when discussing, planning or implementing programmes of work, projects and/or other events.
- Able to read and interpret data from a variety of sources and produce reports to enable full interpretation and analysis of the data. You will be able to assist the HOM in effective strategic planning at all levels, both within and outside the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility within the role and willing to assist colleagues and teams as required, as Charlton is a small team.
You will have:
- A relevant qualification, in housing or business to degree level ie BA Hons in Business Studies or CIH level 3 Housing Qualification would be desirable but not essential and/or substantial experience in a similar role either within the housing or community sector.
- Proven experience in a management role (preferably in the customer service environment), is required to compliment your substantial knowledge of the housing and community functions in a housing setting.
Salary - £45,000
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.