This is an exciting time for Lancaster City Museums and as we move into the summer season, we are looking to recruit a Casual Museum Assistant to support our team. This is an interesting role in a friendly environment, and we are looking for someone with a strong dedication to delivering exceptional customer care and teamwork, is flexible and hard-working.
Some of the duties of this role include:
- Engaging with visitors to ensure that the museum is a welcoming and enjoyable place to visit
- Supporting all museum operations and activities to ensure visitors gain the best possible experience of their visit to the museum
- Working within the reception, shop, and other public areas
- Ensuring the security of the museum, collections, staff & visitors
- Cleaning exhibits and public areas
- Supporting the care of the collections and site security as part of the museum team
This is a fixed term position until 31 March 2023.
The hours of work for this position are on a casual basis and will specifically include weekends and bank holidays.
Excellent benefits include: A Local Government Pension Scheme (the Council makes a 15.5% contribution). Discounted gym membership and discount on days out, activities and retail
Lancaster City Council has unanimously declared a climate emergency and will therefore work towards reducing carbon emissions to net-zero by 2030. As part of this role, you will be expected to participate and work towards reducing carbon emissions.
We are a Forces Friendly employer, and an Armed Forces Covenant committed organisation. We welcome applications from defence reserves and other members of our armed forces community.
Excellent benefits include: A Local Government Pension Scheme (the Council makes a 15.5% contribution). Discounted gym membership and discount on days out, activities and retail.